As posted in the forums by Dan R; An upcoming Warhammer Fantasy tournament at Parker Banner Kent and Wayne
There is a Warhammer Fantasy tournament at PBKW on 4/10. Details below or go to the WarhammerCarolinas yahoo group and check the Files section. There are currently 7 slots available out of 18.
Parker Banner Kent & Wayne Comics & Games, Cornelius NC
8301 Magnolia Estates Drive Suite 9
Cornelius, NC 28031
TIME: Check in at 10:00 am; Games start at 10:30 am
ROUNDS: 3 rounds, 2.5 hours each
ENTRY FEE: $10
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: Maximum = 18
PRIZES: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Sportsmanship
- Armies do not have to be painted
- Tournament lists are due by April 5, 2010. Please send them to Dan Rothrock at email@example.com
- Sportsmanship will be based off of a set of four Yes or No questions. At the end of the tournament, you will receive 1 Battle point for each YES received. The person with the most YES answers will receive the Sportsmanship prize. In the case of a tie, the winner will be selected randomly among those that are tied. Any attempt to manipulate scoring (e.g., consistently score all your opponents low, score a contending opponent low when everyone else scored them high) will be investigated and could result in disqualification and/or adjustment of results.
- This tournament will be run under the 7th Edition Warhammer Fantasy rule set
- You must provide 3 army lists. One to the organizer, 1 for your opponents to review, and 1 for yourself. All lists must be printed and legible with all units, items, and costs noted and totaled. No handwritten copies.
- Players may choose to exchange army lists before or after their game; roll off in case of a discrepancy
- Tournament games will use the standard Pitched Battle scenario; There may be some extra special scenario points for each game
- Terrain will be fixed on each table. All hills, impassable cliffs, buildings, and trees are considered to be infinitely high for LOS purposes (e.g., block line of sight to all models).
- Weapons, armor options and upgrades chosen from the army list must be shown on the majority of the models in a unit. Please clarify all exceptions with your opponent before the game begins.
- No characters that are: special, named or Albion
- Rare slot choices may not be repeated (2 for 1 still gets both), except for HE, where they can be repeated once for each choice.
- Max.2 of the same special choice.
- Max.4 of the same Core choice, except ranked infantry without missile weapons
- Max.3 units of flyers (incl. characters; dragon counts as 2 units of flyers)
- Max.45 models/70 shots that can shoot with a range of 20″+ (not including war machines)
- Max.5 war machines.
- Max.2 Terror causers
- Max.2 Large targets
- Maximum 12 Casting Dice (from any source) can be used by a player during their Magic phase; bound spells count as 1 dice;
- Maximum 2 Dispel scrolls (or items that act like dispel scrolls, i.e., Runes, Seal of destruction, etc) in an army
ARMY SPECIFIC RULES:
BRETONNIANS: 2nd unit of Pegasus Knights counts as an extra Rare choice
DAEMONS OF CHAOS – All Greater Daemons count as an additional hero choice; Herald BSB may take either daemonic gifts or a daemonic icon, not both; Daemonic Gifts may not be duplicated;
DARK ELVES – Assassins count as a hero choice; Shades limited in unit size to max. 8 models; The second item+ (the first is free) out of the following counts as an additional hero or rare choice (player’s choice): Pendant of Kaleth, ASF Banner;
DWARFS: Anvil counts as 2 war machines
EMPIRE – Steam Tank counts as 2 War Machines;
HIGH ELVES – Star Dragon takes an additional hero slot;
LIZARDMEN – Engine of the Gods is limited to one in the army; Temple Guard count as a Terror causer in an army with a Slaan;
OGRE KINGDOMS – A Slaughtermaster can be taken without a tyrant; Gorgers are a 2-1 choice
TOMB KINGS – Jar counts as 2 Casting Dice in the round it is used
VAMPIRE COUNTS – The second item+ (the first is free) out of the following counts as an additional hero or rare choice (player’s choice): Drakenhoff banner, Helm of command, Skull Staff; Banshee cannot scream into close combat