Demand for functional activities that use your body weight is growing and gaining more followers in gyms and sports centers around the world. “To respond to this trend, Zumba was born, whose movements are similar to those practiced in HIIT training (initials High Intensity Interval Training, which in Spanish means training divided into high intensity intervals) They do not require additional elements, they are simple and Unlike other training programs based on the same principles, high intensity Zumba synchronizes all movements with the music, making it effective, fun and motivating, ”explains Diana Serena, instructor at Zumba.
This full growth training program is suitable for all people who are active and healthy and can do HIIT training without restrictions. The program allows you to adapt all the proposed exercises to the real possibilities and physical shape of the participants, without allowing them to feel the impact of the work on their muscles.
How is it different from classic Zumba?
Zumba Fitness and Zumba are created by dancer and choreographer Beto Perez. However, these are two completely different fitness programs. Zumba allows you to burn calories while toning your whole body by combining cardiovascular training with bodyweight movements and plyometric exercises (speed plus strength).
”Zumba Fitness instead combines fitness moves and Latin rhythms to create an environment that turns every class into a party. Zumba’s success is right in the mix between dance and fitness, as the choreography combines fitness moves with simple dance steps, toning the body and entertaining the participant at the same time, ”says Serena. The expert comments that in order to practice this, it is not necessary to have prior knowledge of dance, but that “it is important to have a great passion for movement, music and all the emotions it evokes in us.”
How many calories do you burn per hour with high buzzing intensity?
The duration of a Zumba class is 55 to 60 minutes and consists of four different quadrants: “Activate, Illuminate, Test Your Limits and Everything on Earth”, in addition to the corresponding Warm Up (translated as Warm Up) and Cool Down (return to calmness) … Ideally, this should be done twice a week.
According to Serena, “As a system that does high-performance aerobic exercise, it can eliminate 500 to 650 calories in less than an hour. In addition, we have recently introduced two new options that allow you to structure your Zumba classes so that they are 30 or 45 minutes long, thus meeting the different needs of users and sports centers that require more actions every time, which is very effective. but can be performed in shorter periods of time. ”
Benefits of this training
The Zumba Instructor describes the benefits of this tutorial below:
- Improves strength, endurance, cardiovascular ability, tones and defines muscles, and because this exercise combines movement in perfect sync with music, it improves coordination, agility and balance.
- body fat loss is more effective. The high intensity of the movements allows them to speed up their metabolism, forcing them to continue burning calories, even after the procedure is completed.
- Like many other group activities, it promotes the development of social relationships and therefore has a positive effect on the mood and emotional state of the participants. “It is a very motivating collective activity that, thanks to its format and music, encourages us to give ourselves in every movement, in every squat, burpee (push-ups that support the chest and then kicks, a jump that passes through the head) or a step that surpasses, does not realizing our boundaries, ”the expert specifies.
- Your usual practice will improve concentration and, in general, cognitive function. When we engage in physical activity, our minds release endorphins, substances that block pain sensations and are associated with pleasant emotional responses, improve our relaxation and significantly reduce stress. Regular practice of functional exercise also helps to reduce stress levels, improve and stabilize our mood, and boost our self-esteem.
- It is also a beneficial activity for people with diabetes. Practicing it regularly can improve insulin sensitivity and increase glucose intake.
Risk of injury without prior muscle training
Finally, Serena warns that “doing any high-intensity workout without the supervision of a trained professional and without prior muscle training always creates the risk of injury to the knees, ankles and shoulders. For this reason, it is very important to attend classes taught by accredited and certified instructors. »